West Branch Water Heater Replacement
Water heaters have a life expectancy of about 10 years. Based on the quality of the water heater, past maintenance, and the installation, that number can change. But if your water heater is 10 years or older, it may be time to find a replacement.
Signs of Needing a Water Heater Replacement
Here are some signs you may need a full water heater replacement:
- You turn on the hot water but there is no hot water (and it hasn’t been used up by someone else in your household)
- The hot water is accompanied by a red or brown color, which indicates the presence of rust.
- You don’t know when the last time it was replaced. If the age of the home indicates the water heater may be 10 years or older, it’s possible the water heater is nearing the end of its life and needs replacement.
- There are particles of mud or sand in your water, indicating sediment is accumulating in your water heater.
- Your water has recently changed in smell or taste. This could be due to the interior of your water heater breaking down.
- You or previous people living in the home have a large family. The number of people using the water heater will shorten the lifespan of it since it’s utilized more often.
- The repairs are adding up. Once a water heater begins to break down and this happens continually, it’s a sign that it’s nearing the end of its life cycle.
- You see a visible leak. Leaks are a serious indication your water tank needs to be replaced and should be addressed before flooding occurs, leading to severe damage of other areas in your home.
If you have noticed any of these problems with your water heater, it may be time for a replacement. Our team at 45th Parallel Plumbing have experience with inspecting, servicing, and installing water heaters in homes.
Serving West Branch
Your satisfaction is our utmost concern and we will do everything we can to make sure you have a functioning water heater for your home - whether that means a quick fix or a full replacement. Our skilled and honest technicians will give you an accurate assessment and quote for your water heater problem.
Diagnosis of the issue is the first step. It could be something as simple as replacing a temperature gauge, pressure release valve, or other small problems. Our technicians have experience in issues related to water heaters and will work quickly to address them.
If you live in the West Branch area, call one of our friendly staff today to set up an appointment or to answer your questions. We proudly serve the greater Northern Michigan area and are available year-round for all of your plumbing needs.
Contact Us Today
Contact us at 45th Parallel Plumbing for your home’s plumbing repair and maintenance. We look forward to working with you!