Barton City De-Winterizing
The flowers begin to bloom. You start seeing more of the sun. The danger of freezing temperatures is over. Is it time to turn on the faucets of your home that went into hibernation during the long winter months?
Don't reach for that valve just yet. There are a few more de-winterizing steps to do!
How to De-Winterize Your Home
In the simplest terms, de-winterization means restoring the flow of water inside the house. All plumbing lines and fixtures are closely inspected before the main water valve is turned on. While the water is running, each faucet, toilet, sink, and anything else in the basement are tested to make sure everything is functioning well.
A house that's set for the winter, or "winterized," usually means the water is drained out of the pipes and the main water system is shut off. Flex lines may also be disconnected from water heaters, washing machines, dishwashers, toilets, and sinks.
How We Can Help
45th Parallel Plumbing can de-winterize your home in Barton City the best way possible before you move back in. Our expert technicians will do the following:
- Inspect the toilets, sinks, laundry water lines, clothes washer valves, icemaker, dishwasher, water heater, and any other fixture or appliance that could be connected to the water line.
- Turn off dedicated valves inside the property, including ice maker hoses, water heater drains, shower faucets, tub faucets, sink faucets, and hose bibbs.
- See if there are any disconnected lines and inspect the drains under your kitchen sinks. Our technicians will put back all water connections.
- Flush your supply lines to remove any sediment, discolored water, and air from inside the pipes.
- Remove any winterization stickers and seals from the fixtures and appliances.
- Finally, our qualified technicians will turn the main water valve from the street, the crawlspace, or the basement.
Need to have your home winterized or de-winterized?
The process of de-winterizing should be carried out by a qualified professional. Our company has the best technicians for the job because we know exactly what to do. We do all of the check-ups and inspections mentioned above to ensure nothing goes wrong when you turn on the water main. We check if each drain line works properly before and after the procedure.
We test all showers, bath tubs, faucets, and all pipes that carry water from the main line. We check thoroughly for any leaks to ensure that you won't be in for a rude awakening when you turn on the tap. Our technicians are trained to see potential plumbing issues that lie beneath the visible surface. An in-ground inspection will discover the smallest pipe problems before they turn into an emergency situation.
45th Parallel Plumbing is an expert on winterizing and de-winterizing your home. We can service any part of Northern Michigan in a timely and efficient manner. Our customer service, workmanship, and attention to detail is second to none. We look forward to delivering stellar plumbing services to you and your family!
Call us now and get the best Barton City de-winterizing services today!
Contact Us Today
Contact us at 45th Parallel Plumbing for your home’s plumbing repair and maintenance. We look forward to working with you!